Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Walking in Clown Shoes

I find myself again, battling the bulge!  Sadly, it’s not a battle in which I am unfamiliar.  I’ve not fought it for a lifetime – but on and off for the past 20 years.  I can’t blame it on my genes.  I can’t blame it on anything, except poor food choices (both in quantity and quality) and maybe a somewhat sedentary lifestyle.  Although my hubby and I do manage to walk 1.5 miles at least four days a week it’s not made a dent in my waistline. 
I am a “lifetime member” of a weight management program.  That term alone pretty much says it all, doesn’t it?  “Lifetime Member”... kind of like a life sentence!  Years ago when I reached that milestone I thought I was cured from being fat.  Not so!  Far from it!  They knew “Lifetime” meant you’ll be in it for a lifetime!
So, I’ve told you this to tell you that I have admitted my failures and wobbled back into the management program facility seeking help.  Of course they welcomed me with open arms… well me and my money… but its money well spent, so I’m not complaining!  I know that I NEED their help.  I cannot do this alone!
Last night my sweet hubby and I went out in search of new walking shoes.  Would somebody please explain to me why these shoes look like they should be on clowns?  It was bad enough that to find an appropriate fit I went up a full shoe size.  And yes… even going up in a shoe size messes with one’s ego.   But seriously, why can’t they make a pair of running/walking shoes in a nice white with a tiny bit of color for accent?  Is it really too much to ask?  It would go with every outfit!  Of course when I think about it… I may be walking in “clown shoes”… but my shoes are probably the last thing any passer-by will be pointing and laughing about!  The point is… I’m moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment